Diving Sipadan and MabulTour Code: BH001DSM Destination: Sabah
Price: TBA Deposit: TBA
SIPADAN is the only oceanic island in Malaysia, rising 2,000 feet or 600m from the seabed. It is located in the Celebes Sea east of the major town of Tawau and off the coast of East Malaysia on the Island of Borneo. It was formed by living corals, growing on top of an extinct volcanic cone that took thousands of years to develop. Sipadan is located at the heart of the Indo-Pacific basin, the centre of one of the richest marine habitats in the world. More than 3,000 species of fish.
MABUL in contrast to Sipadan, is a continuation of the Borneo landmass rather than the top of an underwater mountain. Because of this, Mabul has more gradually sloping walls around it that bottom out at about 30m. The attractions on Mabul are of the smaller variety such as lobsters, crocodile fish, moray and pleasure garden eels. This makes it an ideal location for macro-photo opportunities.
Resorts: We offer 2 resorts for your diving-
1. Sipadan-Mabul Resort (SMR) is located at the beach front southern tip of Pulau Mabul overlooking Sipadan. Accommodation is made from native materials of Borneo. The air conditioned chalet type rooms comes with twin share beds, bathroom and hot/cold shower.
2. Mabul Water Bungalow (MWB) located at Mabul Island consist of 15 units of wooden type air conditioned bungalows built entirely over water with stilts, room facility include fan, hot/cold shower, toilet and a special private balcony.
Dive Package Includes:
• Transfer between Tawau - Semporna Jetty - Mabul Resort -Tawau by van and speedboat
• All food and beverage while at the resort (excluding alcoholic, juice and/or carbonated soft drinks)
• 3 boat combinations dives per day with Dive Master on Sipadan, Mabul or Kapalai Island
• Unlimited beach diving on Mabul's House Reef
• Use of tanks with air, weights and weight belt
Rental of regulator and other dive equipments are available at the resort.
Package is exclusive of flights and entry permit to Sipadan Island. Entry is subject to approval as only 120 visitors are allowed to visit Sipadan Island each day. However, should the entry permit to Sipadan Island is not approved, there is substitute arrangement to dive in island such as Si Amil, Mataking, Roach Reefs, Ligitan Island (which offers pelagic diving), Kapalai or Mabul where there are no restrictions on these islands.
Please CONTACT US for Enquiry